Posts Tagged: Board Meeting Video
The Boy Crisis Meets A Return to Eros – A Dialogue between Dr. Warren Farrell & Dr. Marc Gafni – Part 3
In this discussion between Marc Gafni, Warren Farrell, and the board members of the Center for Integral Wisdom we explore answers to several evolutionary questions such as:
- How do we eliminate male disposability?
- What impact has the charter school movement had on the boy crisis?
- Do you find a different number of women who are willing to be a champion for men, than willing to be a champion for boys?
- Kids that do the mass shootings are disproportionately white, is that fair to say? And if so, what do you think of that?
- Men and women desire each other and we seem to have gotten to the point where men are asked to hold all of the desire in society. How did we get out of balance?
Enjoy the video here:
A Return to Eros: The Radical Experience of Being Fully Alive
– On Sex, Love, and Eroticism in Every Dimension of Life, from Drs. Marc Gafni and Kristina Kincaid, reveals the radical secret tenets of relationship between the sexual, the erotic, and the holy. They reveal what Eros actually means and share the ten core qualities of the Erotic, which are modeled by the sexual. These include being on the inside, fullness of presence, yearning, allurement, fantasy, surrender, creativity, pleasure, and more.
A Return to Eros shows why these qualities of the erotic modeled by the sexual are actually the same core qualities of the sacred. The relationship between the sexual and the erotic becomes clear, teaching you how to live an erotically suffused existence charged with purpose, potency and power.
To be an Outrageous Lover—not just in sex but also in all facets of your life–you must listen deeply to the simple yet elegant whisperings of the sexual. This book will forever transform your understanding and experience of love, sex, and Eros.
with Dr. Marc Gafni
Imagine being fully expressed with an unstoppable life force that aligned you with the will, the desire, the knowledge and the creative impulse to engage ALL areas of your life full-on; without fear or shame stopping you from moving forward. Imagine the transformative power and positive impact you’d have on your personal relationships and potentially be a major influence in the world.
This is the ideal companion to our think tank book A Return to Eros by Dr. Marc Gafni and Dr. Kristina Kincaid.
The Boy Crisis Meets A Return to Eros – A Dialogue between Dr. Warren Farrell & Dr. Marc Gafni – Part 2
Join Dr. Marc Gafni as he explores our primal need to be needed, the uniqueness of identity, The Boy Crisis and the #MeToo phenomena in the light of our much needed return to eros.
In this video, you will learn…
- How we as human beings die when we don’t experience ourselves as being fundamentally needed
- About the power, gorgeousness and universality of sexual energy and desire – and how we are all a part of #MeToo
- About the demonization of male desire
- That uniqueness is a core structure of reality and reality intends uniqueness
- What happens to boys when their desires are shamed
Enjoy the video here:
As human beings, and this is absolutely critical, we die if we don’t have something in the world which calls us and requires our attention, if we don’t experience ourselves as being fundamentally needed. We have an enormous amount of neuroscience on the importance of being genuinely needed in the world.
The Boy Crisis Meets A Return to Eros – A Dialogue between Dr. Warren Farrell & Dr. Marc Gafni – Part 1
Join Dr. Warren Farrell as he gives a picture of The Boy Crisis, its connections to school shootings, and his vision of where we can infuse hope and wisdom into the #metoo movement.
In this video, you will learn…
- Why boys are falling behind girls – especially in reading and writing – in all sixty-three of the largest developed nations.
- How plastics in our water causes girls to develop more quickly and boys to develop even more slowly.
- How boys are pushed toward pornography early in life.
- How society systematically sets up men and boys to see themselves as disposable.
Enjoy the video here:
Warren Farrell is spending his life thinking about men and women. This intimacy with the science around boys’ lives brings him painfully face-to-face with the increasing challenges boys face.
When he started seeing the results of PISA, the international exams for high schools, come in, he saw in all sixty-three of the largest developed nations boys were falling behind girls – especially in reading and writing – the biggest predictors of future success in developing countries.
Daniel Schmachtenberger is the Founder of the Emergence Project and has recently come on board with the Center for Integral Wisdom as a scholar.
At the CIW board meeting in March 2015 in Texas, Daniel gave a fantastic talk about his outrageous dream: that one day, the sentence “We live in a world of outrageous pain” is no longer true.
Listen to his talk below and join him in his outrageous dream.
Here are some key points he makes during the talk:
- The universe is unprecedented; every emergence of evolution is unprecedented.
- Our stakeholders are all sentient beings now and forever.
- We need to become conscious agents for symbiosis, organization, synergy, and the advance of novelty and uniqueness.
- Trying to solve a problem – without recognizing how it is interconnected with all the other problems – externalizes harm to something else that matters.
- What would I be without the rest of the universe?
- Daniel’s Unique Gift: His inability to accept unnecessary suffering
- Daniel’s outrageous dream: One day the sentence “We live in a world of outrageous pain” is no longer true.
- We live in a world of outrageous pain – not because of duality, but because of collective insanity.
- Evolution does a kind of iterative evolution and then discrete jumps. These jumps happen both when they can and when they have to.
- When the kind of consciousness that can externalize harm has the technology representing an existential risk for all of us, that consciousness has to shift.
- Earth is a tiny spaceship floating through space.
- How do we trigger the emergence of a self-organizing, effectively self-governing, self-evolving global civilization so that we are not solving problems that we are still structurally causing, inducing and incentivizing?
- How can we make obsolete the basis of all of our problems by not conditioning harm-causing, dysfunctional human behavior in the first place?
- We can translate all our global problems to groups of humans doing particular activities that are causing them, and we can look at what conditioned these patterns of behavior in those people.
- There are determinants of behavior in all quadrants (internal/external, individual/collective).
- We need to optimize for all life, for all things that matter, simultaneously; as not in conflict with each other but rather, symbiotic with each other.
- Reconciling paradox is part of an Integral consciousness. How do we get from either/or to both/and?
- All of it matters, and all the things that matter are not mutually exclusive; they are mutually supportive to each other.
- When we value the scarcity of things we artificially manufacture the scarcity of things.
- How can we condition omni-considerate, integrally developed behavior in everybody, intrinsically, as a basis for self-governance?
- Nothing less than that is adequate to what we want to do. So, that’s our task.
Marc Gafni then frames this conversation in relation to the Center. While CIW invests major efforts in reweaving the narrative of existence–which is mainly about interiors–Daniel and the Emergence Project emphasize the systemic, structural questions–thus mainly exteriors. Long mutual conversations resulted in the choice at CIW to bring those two perspectives and projects together in synergy.
Listen to Daniel here (with introduction by Marc Gafni):
Watch the videos of Board Members talking about their projects at the Center for Integral Wisdom in 2014.
Stay tuned while we are still adding to these videos in the playlist below.
For Marc Gafni's Opening Dharma Talk, click here.
Stream the videos here:
If you are an existing user, please login Click here.
New users may register below Click here.
Watch Dr. Marc Gafni opening the space for the 2014 Board Meeting including an introduction to the core dharma of the Center for Integral Wisdom.
Besides this awesome introduction, this hour-long video gives you a wonderful impression of the atmosphere of the Board Meeting.