- 1 The Boy Crisis Meets A Return to Eros – A Dialogue between Dr. Warren Farrell & Dr. Marc Gafni – Part 1
- 2 Summary
- 3 A Return to Eros: The Radical Experience of Being Fully Alive
- 4 >>> Buy A Return to Eros Here <<<
- 5 Reclaiming Eros
- 6 >>> Learn More about Reclaiming Eros <<<
- 7 Related Posts:
The Boy Crisis Meets A Return to Eros – A Dialogue between Dr. Warren Farrell & Dr. Marc Gafni – Part 1
Join Dr. Warren Farrell as he gives a picture of The Boy Crisis, its connections to school shootings, and his vision of where we can infuse hope and wisdom into the #metoo movement.
In this video, you will learn…
- Why boys are falling behind girls – especially in reading and writing – in all sixty-three of the largest developed nations.
- How plastics in our water causes girls to develop more quickly and boys to develop even more slowly.
- How boys are pushed toward pornography early in life.
- How society systematically sets up men and boys to see themselves as disposable.
Enjoy the video here:
Warren Farrell is spending his life thinking about men and women. This intimacy with the science around boys’ lives brings him painfully face-to-face with the increasing challenges boys face.
When he started seeing the results of PISA, the international exams for high schools, come in, he saw in all sixty-three of the largest developed nations boys were falling behind girls – especially in reading and writing – the biggest predictors of future success in developing countries.
Warren begins his exploration with the biological changes in boys due to the leaching of phthalates from plastics into rivers. Once phthalates are in our rivers, they are in our drinking water, leading to world-wide changes for boys in IQ because phthalates mimic estrogen causing girls to develop more quickly and boys to develop even more slowly.
These same boys, due to this painful physical immaturity and lack of emotional and social intelligence, are pushed toward pornography early in life—after learning that the risk of rejection around their societally-expected-role-of-making-the-first-move-romantically is too great a cost.
Pornography is about access to a variety of attractive women, without fear of rejection, at a price our precious boys feel they can afford. The more they use pornography for pseudo attempts to meet their erotic needs, the more the gray matter of their brain deteriorates and they get addicted to dopamine. The more they get addicted to dopamine, the more they want women to perform the way women in pornography do, causing woman to feel objectified.
Warren digs ever deeper into father-son relationships and how society systematically sets up men and boys to see themselves as disposable.
A Return to Eros: The Radical Experience of Being Fully Alive
– On Sex, Love, and Eroticism in Every Dimension of Life, from Drs. Marc Gafni and Kristina Kincaid, reveals the radical secret tenets of relationship between the sexual, the erotic, and the holy. They reveal what Eros actually means and share the ten core qualities of the Erotic, which are modeled by the sexual. These include being on the inside, fullness of presence, yearning, allurement, fantasy, surrender, creativity, pleasure, and more.
A Return to Eros shows why these qualities of the erotic modeled by the sexual are actually the same core qualities of the sacred. The relationship between the sexual and the erotic becomes clear, teaching you how to live an erotically suffused existence charged with purpose, potency and power.
To be an Outrageous Lover—not just in sex but also in all facets of your life–you must listen deeply to the simple yet elegant whisperings of the sexual. This book will forever transform your understanding and experience of love, sex, and Eros.
with Dr. Marc Gafni
Imagine being fully expressed with an unstoppable life force that aligned you with the will, the desire, the knowledge and the creative impulse to engage ALL areas of your life full-on; without fear or shame stopping you from moving forward. Imagine the transformative power and positive impact you’d have on your personal relationships and potentially be a major influence in the world.
This is the ideal companion to our think tank book A Return to Eros by Dr. Marc Gafni and Dr. Kristina Kincaid.